Step 1 – Set up your accounts
Your Facebook Business Manager account lets you import your store’s inventory as a catalog so you can tag your products in Instagram posts. To complete this setup, you’ll need to add the following to your Facebook Business Manager:
- Your Instagram business profile
- The same Facebook page linked to your Instagram business profile
Before you begin
To avoid issues, these accounts need to be added in a specific order. If this Facebook Page is already linked to your Instagram business profile, revert your business profile to a personal profile and unlink the Facebook Page. After adding the Facebook Page to your Facebook Business Manager account, relink the Facebook Page to your Instagram account and convert back to an Instagram business profile.
Add your Facebook Page
To add your Facebook Page to your Facebook Business Manager:
- In your Facebook Business Manager account, click Business Settings.
- Under Accounts, click Pages.
- Click + Add.
- To add an existing Facebook Page, click Add a Page. To create a new page, click Create a New Page.
- Follow Facebook Business Manager’s instructions to complete the process.
Add your Instagram business profile
To add your Instagram business profile to your Facebook Business Manager:
- In your Facebook Business manager account, click Business Settings.
- Under Accounts, click Instagram Accounts.
- Click + Add.
- Enter your Instagram username and password.
- You don’t need to add ad accounts to complete this process. Click Skip.
- Click Done.
Once you’ve set up your Instagram business profile, linked it and its Facebook Page to your Facebook Business Manager account, and followed Steps 1 and 2 below, Instagram will review your profile. If you’re approved, a new Shopping section will appear under Business Settings in your Instagram business profile.
Step 2 – Create a catalog in Facebook Business Manager
After setting up your accounts, create a catalog in your Facebook Business Manager account.
Then import your inventory using your feed URL which you can find in your Squarefeed account (after you click on ‘upload to Facebook catalog’). See this guide on how to generate a product feed and upload it to your Facebook catalog.
See this screencast for instructions on importing your Squarespace inventory to a Facebook Catalog:
Step 3 – Wait for Instagram approval
Once you’ve correctly linked your Instagram business profile and Facebook Business Manager account and imported your inventory, Instagram will review your store.
There is no submit button or application—Instagram will automatically begin the review process once everything is set up correctly. This can take several days or longer. For more information, visit Instagram’s documentation.
To see if your store is approved, in your Instagram account, click Settings, scroll down to Business Settings, and click Shopping. If you’ve added multiple data sources, ensure the correct one is checked.