After you submitted your product feed, please make sure that you configured tax and shipping in your Google Merchant account.
Configure tax settings
If your business charges tax in the United States, you need to configure your tax settings in Merchant Center. Follow the instructions below and then click ‘Done’ when you’re finished.
- Open your Google Merchant Tax settings
- Under the ‘Tax setup’ section, select Configure tax and set up nexus
- Click on the ‘+’ button and select the state where you charge tax
- Next set the tax rate. In most cases, the tax rate should be ‘Destination-based’.
- If you charge tax on shipping, select ‘Tax on shipping’.
- Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen
In case you have multiple tax nexuses, repeat steps 3 – 6 for each state.
If you have a more complex tax setup we recommend reading the official documentation.
Configure shipping settings
You need to enter your shipping costs to Merchant Center. To do that you will need to add a new Shipping service and a Shipping rate. Complete steps 1 and 2 below and click ‘Done’ when you’re finished.
1. Add a Shipping service
- Open Google Merchant Shipping settings
- Click the plus sign to add a new shipping service
- Enter a service name (eg: “Shipping”)
- Choose your service country
- Select your currency (this should match your store’s currency)
- In the Delivery time, enter an average delivery time (eg: 2 – 5 days)
2. Add a Shipping rate
- In the Shipping rates section, click the plus sign to add a new Shipping rate
- Enter in a Shipping rate name
- Most merchants charge a flat rate for shipping, the screenshot below demonstrates how to set up flat rate shipping:
- From the “Shipping rate table” section, click on “Create a single rate for all orders”
- Enter in your shipping price and click Continue
- Click Save on the next screen